Actor and model Adeel Akhtar is a British citizen. In the well-known television drama series Murdered by My Father, he played the well-known character Shahzad. In addition, he is known for his 2013 cameo in the famous British comedy-drama series Utopia.
|First and last name||Adeel Akhtar|
|Net value||$1.5 million|
|Date of birth||September 18, 1980|
|Age||41 years old|
|Birthplace||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Currently living in||London|
|Profession||Actor and model|
|School/high school||Cheltenham Junior School, Gloucestershire, England|
|University||Cheltenham College, Newick House, England
Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University
The New School, New York, United States
|Name sister||Sadia Akhtar|
|Female friend||Alexis Burke|
Adeel Akhtar Biography
Adeel Akhtar, born on September 18, 1980, will be 41 years old in 2022. He was born and raised in a renowned Muslim household in London, England, United Kingdom. His nationality is British and he adheres to the Islamic faith. Sadia Akhtar is his sister and the only sibling he has.
His early education was completed at Cheltenham Junior School in Gloucestershire, England. He then enrolled at Cheltenham College in Newick House, England, graduating with a law degree in 1999. He has taken an interest in acting from an early age and has chosen to pursue it. To hone his acting talents, he attended the Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University and The New School in New York, United States.
Adeel Akhtar Height, Weight
Adeel Akhtar often wears clothes with an athletic aesthetic to match his personality. He is about 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 65 kg. He has short, trendy black hair and beautiful, hypnotic eyes that are a fiery light brown hue.
- Akhtar’s first notable role was as the inept Muslim militant Faisal in Chris Morris’s film Four Lions. Gupta in The Angelos Epithemiou Show, Maroush in The Dictator, and Smee in Joe Wright’s Pan are examples of his other humorous roles.
- Akhtar has also received praise for his dramatic roles; in 2015, he was nominated for a BAFTA for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Wilson Wilson in Channel 4’s 2014 Utopia.
- In addition to Toby Jones, he portrayed shopkeeper Ahmed in the BBC miniseries Capital and DS Ira King in River.
- Michael Hogan, who reviewed River for The Daily Telegraph, wrote: “This series is beautifully written by Abi Morgan, artfully directed and most importantly, superbly acted.
- The quieter, less flamboyant supporting roles also excelled. Not just veterans but newcomers too: Adeel Akhtar as River’s eternally patient sidekick and Georgina Rich as his therapist”.
- Akhtar played Shahzad in the 2016 BBC special Murdered by My Father. He was the first non-white actor to win the 2017 BAFTA Lead Actor for this performance.
- In 2017, he also appeared in the American romantic comedy film The Big Sick as Naveed, the main character’s brother. In the acclaimed BBC miniseries, based on John le Carré’s The Night Manager, he played Rob Singhal.
- Akhtar played Billy in the 2019 season of the critically acclaimed BBC Three series Back to Life, written by Daisy Haggard and Laura Solon, and will reprise the role in the 2021 season.
Achievements and Awards
- BAFTA film award [Nominee] (2022) Best Leading Actor. Ali & Ava (2021)
- BAFTA TV Award [Winner] (2017) Best Leading Actor. Murdered by my father (2016)
- BAFTA TV Award [Nominee] (2015) Best Supporting Actor. Utopia (2013)
Adeel Akhtar’s net worth in 2022
Adeel Akhtar’s estimated net worth as of mid-2022 is $1.5 million, achieved through his successful career as an actor in which he has appeared in more than 50 film and television titles, as well as on stage.
Adeel Akhtar’s wife, marriage
As for his personal life, Adeel is very selective about the information he shares. He has been rumored to have been married to documentary film producer Alexis Burke since 2015. Arlo and Ezra are the names of the couple’s children.