Just as Xerox became synonymous with photocopying, WordPress has become synonymous with website development. From big business brands to newbies, everyone seems to be using WordPress. This has made it the most popular content management system. This popularity has led to the need for PSD to WordPress conversion†
A website is the most important element of your digital presence. A website is not only about design and content. It’s also about how effective the technical backend job is in getting it to rank in the search engine. That’s why it becomes even more important to switch to WordPress.
WordPress as a platform has many features and is a very easy to use platform. Most of the tools and features can be explored and tested on your own with ease. But if you are looking for PSD to WP conversion or looking for quality support for your website, then it is better to choose a professional service.
That’s when WordPress website development services come for your help. These services can be purchased by an agency or by freelancers who work on a project basis. As you embark on the journey of PSD to WordPress theme conversionhere’s the conversion process you need to know to ensure a smooth transition:
- The first step that takes place in this transition is to resize the PSD images. In other words, when you use photoshop, it contains the images from the website. Professionals would use editing software to cut these images. A word of warning: avoid using too many images as this will slow down the loading speed of the website.
- Once the images are converted, it’s time to move on to the technical aspect of the website. Depending on how you want the website to look, you can have the website backend in HTML or CSS. There are tools like Dreamweaver that make this journey easy and smooth.
- Once the HTML and CSS files are created and saved, it’s time to convert PSD to WordPress. This can be done via the PSD dashboard. WordPress follows a certain file structure that you should know. Another reason why professional WordPress website development services would be necessary.
- Choosing the theme of your website is the next step. There are two popular WordPress themes, index.php and the other is style.css. In addition to these popular themes, WordPress offers a variety of theme options. In order to choose the best one, you need to know all the options, their uses and the benefits for your website.
- Once the technical aspect is done, ie once the code is committed to the file, you need to download the theme that you think is the best and upload the theme using the hosting panel. You need to change the backend algorithms to make sure this blend is exactly the result you want.
- With theme set and testing, the penultimate step to get your WordPress website ready is to apply the tags. These tags and functionalities are the invisible soldiers that will ensure that your WordPress website does its job well. One tip you should know is that after you have entered all the tags and functionalities, you should save all the files in one folder which will be under your name. Once this last step is complete, your website is ready to launch.
The above-mentioned process is a very simple one to follow while converting PSD to WP. However, the process may differ depending on your specification and website purpose. If you are someone with some technical knowledge, you would still feel that you could do this journey on your own. However, the fact remains that most people do not have the technical knowledge.
As you can see from the above process, it’s loud and clear that this transition isn’t as easy as it seems. It not only requires in-depth knowledge about the WordPress algorithm, but also a complete understanding of website development and photoshop. So, you can get the following benefits by hiring WordPress Website Development Services:
- Impeccable encryption: if the PSD To WordPress Theme Conversion Calls for a good amount of technical scripting and backend work, hiring professional services would ensure that the backend work is done properly. This is to ensure that there are no errors in the technical aspect. The technical aspect plays a key role in the functioning of the website.
- Smooth transition: When this transition occurs, the files must be converted to the WordPress format. When done with a lack of knowledge, it can lead to poor website performance, etc. Hence, it is very essential that this transition is done smoothly and thoroughly.
- To make the website SEO friendly: The last but certainly the most important reason is to make the website SEO friendly. A website is an important resource for any company’s online preference. It is also the main platform for attracting and converting your potential clients. When you move from PSD to WordPress, you get the chance to improve your SEO. However, that is only possible if you hire professional services for your assistance.
The above advantages and working method make it clear that you need professional support. Now comes the question of how to find the best WordPress Website Development Services that meet your requirements. However, the good news is that given the growing demand for using WordPress, many website developers have entered the market to help you with this transition.
You can search online or shop around with your friends for the best possible service provider. However, before you start your technology transition, it’s good that you define your website goal. This makes it easy to find a suitable service provider. Once you have the service providers, explain to them what they want and learn what they are. This will help both parties understand and measure whether you are both ready to work together.
Emma Watson is a dedicated WordPress developer and technical writer. She is currently associated with WordSuccor Ltd. † WordPress development company† She likes to share her knowledge about WordPress with others.