“The buzz and momentum for these companies is unlike anything I’ve seen before”
With so many fintechs lay off staff, it can easily be assumed that the entire industry is in distress.
But that is not the case. Some companies even find opportunities in the massive layoffs.
Rex Salisbury, co-founder of Cambrian Ventures and formerly a member of the fintech investment team at Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), believes early-stage fintech founders, particularly in the pre-seed and seed stages, are “the big winners in today’s job market. and bring in top talent that would have been out of reach 6 months ago. The buzz and momentum for these companies is unlike anything I’ve seen before, it’s incredible.”
And Lee Hower, co-founder and partner at NextView Ventures who was part of LinkedIn’s founding team, believes that despite the downturn, fintechs will continue to “bloom.”
“I was an early employee at PayPal and we grew during the dot-com bust and was a rare IPO in 2002,” he told australiabusinessblog.com. “Today’s brightest stars in fintech are similarly succeeding despite the macro background, as they solve real problems that consumers, businesses and financial institutions face every day.”
Here are some fintech companies that are hiring. Please note that this is clearly not a comprehensive list and we will be adding more in upcoming editions of our fintech newsletter, The Interchange. (Note, it comes out every Sunday and it’s FREE).
- Start up insurance infrastructure Lulawhich has raised $18 million in funding from NextView Ventures, Founders Fund and Khosla Ventures, among others, is hiring 10 people for engineering, product and sales.
- So is another infrastructure startup, Unit hiring — with nearly a dozen positions open in the US and Israel. The company raised a $100 million Series C funding round led by Insight Partners last year at a valuation of $1.2 billion.
- matrixa New York-based company that provides financial, identity and privacy protection tools for consumers is hiring 8 engineers for its new product, Hi privacy. The company has increased $67 million of Battery Ventures, NextView Ventures and General Catalyst.
- Trading app Public.com is looking for 14 employees for engineering, support, operations, marketing, product and design. The company last raised in 2021 – a $220 million Series D funding round at a $1.2 billion valuation.
- Store securelyan emergency savings fintech, is seeking at least five roles in sales and operations in the coming months.
- Set point takes on 5 roles in sales, finance, operations and engineering. The company recently raised another $43 million led by Andreesen Horowitz
- HaverFi, a B2B BNPL that was recently retrieved an $8 million seed of QED and Rex Salisbury of Cambrian, is seeking staff for four rolls.
Want more fintech news in your inbox? To register here. And feel free to click replies to notify me of other job opportunities.
Do you have a news tip or insider information about a topic we covered? We’d love to hear from you. You can reach me at [email protected]. Or you can send us a message at [email protected]. Please respect anonymity requests.