Opinions expressed by australiabusinessblog.com contributors are their own.
Founded in 2017, Stride Fitness is a treadmill-based interval training concept that offers a total body workout designed for every fitness level. Stride Fitness is an exciting program led by dynamic, certified fitness professionals and uses heart rate monitoring technology. It provides a supportive and inclusive environment for participating in three distinctive teaching formats, including interval, endurance and strength training.
With studios in some of the most competitive markets in the United States and nearly 90 licensed locations, Stride Fitness is the first and only brand of treadmill interval training. Based on the most universal modality in the world that has recently seen a resurgence and participation, Stride Fitness delivers an effective and dynamic full-body workout for a loyal, growing membership base.
Stride is the first and only indoor running franchise. Stride’s treadmill-based cardio and strength classes are perfect for any level of walker, jogger or runner – a new take on the definition of a runner. At Stride, certified running coaches lead dynamic interval classes and members choose their speed and intensity on state-of-the-art Woodway treadmills to suit their fitness level and goals.
The Stride concept consists of three basic classes and a unique leveling system that allows customers to follow each lesson as a walker or runner. Each individual can find the workout that best challenges him and suits his fitness abilities.
There are many benefits to consider in becoming a Stride Fitness franchise owner, including the following points of evidence.
- First mover advantage: With studios in some of the most competitive markets in the US, there are still extensive market opportunities. Be the first to get Stride to your local market and help others find their finish line.
- Smart investment and experienced support: In addition to attracting a wide variety of members to the market, Stride Fitness also enjoys low-cost entry, a recurring revenue model, strong EBITDA margins, and the confidence of a team with decades of fitness franchise experience.
- Executive model: Stride’s franchise model provides a fully scalable business, allowing owners to determine their own success. Franchisees benefit from high development costs and relationships with national suppliers, enabling them to launch successful studios.
- Evolving Member Experience: Stride’s member experience is at the heart of what they do. The brand consistently manages and updates lesson programming and music, empowering coaches to facilitate member growth, class after class.
Are you considering franchise ownership? Get started now and find the personalized list of franchises that suit your lifestyle, interests and budget.
Stride is part of the Xponential Fitness family of brands, the curator of leading fitness and wellness brands in every boutique fitness industry. With decades of fitness and franchising experience across the team, Xponential Fitness has the resources and network to ensure continued growth and support for its franchisees.
How much does a Stride Fitness franchise cost?
To open a Stride Fitness franchise, here are the financial requirements, cash required, and ongoing franchise fees associated with owning a business.
Initial Franchise Fee: $60,000.
Initial Investment: $372,412 to $533,512.
Net worth required: $500,000.
Money Need: $100,000.
Royalty fee: 7%.
Advertising royalties: 2%.
Contract duration: 10 years.
Stride Fitness franchising does not provide in-house funding for candidates, but it does maintain relationships with several third-party funding sources that offer funding to cover franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, and payroll. Please refer to item 7 of the 2022 Stride Fitness FDD for explanations and additional details.
Support and training provided by Stride Fitness
The Xponential and Stride Fitness team has the resources and network to ensure continued growth and support. The brand teams guide new owners through the entire opening process, from site selection, lease negotiation and construction, to recruiting studio staff, activating the membership sales process and bringing the studio to market. Stride offers comprehensive ongoing training, weekly and monthly update webinars, and one-on-one support to guide owners as their business matures.
Comprehensive training and extensive ongoing support are both critical to success as a Stride franchisee. These are the specific areas where the brand helps franchisees in the system.
- Property: The brand’s expert team guides owners through the entire process, from site selection to lease execution, to finding the ideal location for their Stride Fitness studio.
- Finance: Stride’s finance team can assist with loan processing through the SBA and preferred lenders.
- Construction and design: Stride Fitness guides new owners through the entire building process of their new franchise location — from company-approved layout and general construction to interior design, on-site security, and technology.
- sale: Franchisees can expect comprehensive and ongoing sales training, monthly phone calls and expert guidance – from pre-sale, through grand opening, to sustainability. New owners are introduced to the sales process, store assortment, app and POS system, enabling them to drive sales right from the start.
- Marketing: From the moment new owners execute their LOI, their studio’s marketing begins with personalized support to ensure they generate maximum leads.
- Recruitment: Stride Fitness knows that staff is at the heart of the studio’s success. New owners receive assistance in hiring and developing the most qualified coaches, general managers and sales teams.
- Extensive training: Each new franchisee will receive a three-day training at the brand’s headquarters in Southern California, an invitation to the annual franchise convention, and ongoing weekly support. The new owner’s staff will also undergo extensive sales training to ensure the team achieves the studio’s goals.
Stride Fitness not only provides comprehensive training and support to each franchisee, but also develops coaches. Through the Stride Certified Run program, all coaches learn how to dynamically teach, practice safety and form correction, and enable clients of all ages and abilities to cross their finish lines.
For more information about franchise opportunities with Stride, please visit the Stride Fitness brand page at: australiabusinessblog.com‘s franchise website.
Related: The 3 Biggest Questions Facing the Fitness Industry