PUBG Battlegrounds is all set to receive an all-new map, as revealed via teasers last week. The development team has now shared more details about the new map that will be available in-game on July 13.
Deston is a partially drowned megacity with some of the tallest buildings in the game’s history, and according to the developers, is the densest 8×8 map created for PUBG: Battlegrounds. The developers explain that the new map was created after collecting feedback from maps like “Haven” to make Deston the biggest, densest map the game has ever seen.
Deston is home to several biomes that force players to use different gear, vehicles, and cover to achieve a victory.
Also read: PUBG: Battlegrounds new map Deston teased: bring new vehicles, more
PUBG Battlegrounds New Map, Deston, New Details Revealed
Biomes and Territories in Deston
- the wetland – One of the areas highlighted in the teaser, this is the very first wetland area ever created for the game. The developers have noted that this new area will feature new experiences for players with lush mangrove forests that encourage close quarters combat.
- Central Plains – The Central Plains offer players the familiar PUBG: Battlegrounds experience similar to maps like Erangel and Taego. The area contains the tallest structure in the game’s history, the “Lodge”, which players can jump into.
- Concert District – This area features some of the craziest new additions to the game, including a giant chicken balloon floating in the air. Other fun additions, such as the Paintball Arena, offer players completely new ways to interact with the environment and other players. The Concert District will be available later in modes such as Team Deathmatch.
- Western Highlands – A sniper’s favorite spot on the map, the Western Highlands have minimal vegetation and expansive viewing areas. This area leaves players open to sniper fire as it makes them vulnerable without much cover.
New movement mechanics and features
- climber – The Ascender is a motorized pulley and players can expect it to be attached to the walls of certain buildings, including special cell towers. This new mechanism allows players to move seamlessly from the ground to the top of a building and back down again.
- Emergency parachute – The emergency parachute is a standard item in players’ inventory and remains on at all times, so the parachute is re-deployed for players who can hook their parachute while falling on the map. The parachute can be used to get off buildings such as the Lodge.
- Petrol stations – Deston introduces working gas stations for players to fill vehicles as they travel across the map.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive technical content, such as our Facebook page