Known from movies
|Fact||Son of Alma McPeck and Donald Edward Wahlberg.|
Paul Wahlberg is a renowned American chef, reality TV star and actor, best known as a co-owner of the “Wahlburgers” and “Alma Nove” restaurant chain
Early life and educational background
Paul. A. Wahlberg was born on the 20e March 1964, in Dorchester, Boston, Massachusetts to Alma and Donald Wahlberg – a truck driver and bank clerk/nurse, respectively. He is the fifth of nine children, including famous actors Marking And Donnie Wahlberg, Arthur, Jim, Michelle, Tracey, Robert and Debby. He has half siblings in Buddy, Scott and Donna Wahlberg.
His parents divorced when he was in his early twenties, and his mother remarried; his father passed away in 2008. The Wahlbergs are a big family, and with relate toto celebrities such as Walt Disney, Madonna and Matt Damon, but also to former presidents such as George Bush.
Wahlberg had a keen interest in food from an early age and spent most of his childhood in the kitchen with his mother Alma, watching cooking shows such as “The Galloping Gourmet”. When he was 12, he fell in love with food over a meal at a friend’s house and eventually decided to pursue a career as a professional chef.
“There’s a kind of energy that works in a kitchen that’s very, very different from working in an office… It’s not like any other job. It’s crazy and you’re always blushing [figurative] burn,” he said of the decision. He worked as a caterer while still in high school, washing dishes at his friend’s family’s restaurant. After his matriculation exam, he gained valuable experience at Newbury College of Culinary Arts and worked in a number of restaurants such as “The Four Seasons”, “The Charles Hotel” and “Bridgeman’s” in Hull, Massachusetts, where he was head chef for nine years. He was also a caterer on two sets of Mark’s movies – “Max Payne” and “The Happening” – as well as many other movies.
Eventually, he gained enough experience and expertise in the field and opened his own restaurant called Alma Nov– “Nove” is the Italian word for nine, the number of children his mother has – in Boston. It is a Mediterranean/Italian-inspired restaurant serving classic dishes such as sautéed Prince Edward Island clams, wood-grilled sirloin steak, and braised pork meatballs with polenta. Paul supports local grocers by using their fresh ingredients in his meals and serving seafood fresh from the sea.
In 2011 he teamed up with Mark and Donnie to “Wahl burgers”, a casual burger restaurant and bar located in Hingham, Boston near Alma Nove, to boast the ‘… sloppier Sloppy Joe’s, tastiest tater tots and frothiest frappes’.
Following the success of the restaurant, the brothers opened more chains in the US, Canada, UK and Germany with a total of 36 chains.
Reality TV star
In 2014, the brothers launched a series about the ER Network titled “Wahl burgers”, which shows the Wahlberg family, their behind-the-scenes life and the operation of the restaurant. Initially, the series was supposed to run for 18 episodes, but due to popular demand, it ran for 10 seasons and 95 episodes. It received an Emmy nomination for the “Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program” award; after five years of broadcasting it came to one end on the 31st July 2019 in Dorchester, where it all began.
Then followed the spin-off “Donnie loves Jenny”, based on the newlywed relationship of Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy.
Paul is a married man who has two children: a daughter named Madison and a son named Ethan. Despite his public career, the reality TV star has kept his private life out of the spotlight and little to no details are available about his wife. Her identity has been kept secret, though their children often appear on his television show. The family of four currently lives in their home in Hingham, Massachusetts.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- His mother is extremely proud of his achievements and likes to praise him. She said, ‘Everyone just loves Paul… when we first opened and hired guys for the kitchen, it was freezing cold outside and four of us didn’t have coats, so what did he do? He bought all coats. That’s the kind of person he is.”
- When not running his restaurants, Wahlberg participates in charities, Quincy Community Action, Father Bill’s and Dorchester Boys and Girls Club, among other local charities.
- He owes his love of food to Sunday night family meals at home, his favorite being Alma’s pasta sauce and lasagna. It is Paul’s hope that ‘…Alma Nove becomes a meeting place for friends and family to come together, break bread and share good times’.
- Paul and his siblings were raised Roman Catholic.
- His favorite vacation spot is anywhere it’s warm, like San Diego and Florida. In the end, his children get the last word, ‘… anywhere my children want to go is fine with me’.
- He enjoys eating local foods during holidays, to experience the specific culture of each place.
- Paul wishes he could travel to Hawaii and the Asian continent as he has never been there but wants to try some real authentic Asian street food.
- The one thing he always packs before traveling is a good book. The chef reads all kinds of books – from detective stories to non-fiction.
- He prefers to sit on the window seat on an airplane.
- His guilty pleasure while traveling is walking and getting lost.
- One of his favorite childhood memories was traveling with all his siblings to the beach or pond. He reminisced, “…it would be like a clown car if we all got out.”
- His zodiac sign is Pisces.
- His sister Debbie died in 2003 and he became depressed. He remembers it as one of the saddest times in his life and credits his family for helping him out of the depressed state he was in.
- He is the first of his siblings to enroll from high school.
- His restaurants’ accounts have gained a significant fan following on social media such as Twitter and Instagram; there is a official site for the restaurant.
Appearance and clothing style
Paul is a man of white ethnicity and American nationality, who has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He is 1.57 m tall, weighs about 78 kg and has a chubby body. The 64-year-old has no tattoos and does not smoke.
Net worth and salary
Paul has had a long and largely successful career as a chef and restaurant owner, and it is the main source of his income. He has also had a brief career as a reality TV star that was quite popular. He has managed to amass an impressive net worth estimated at over $10 million, according to celebritynetworth.com. His more famous younger brothers – Mark and Donnie – are reportedly worth $225 million and $20 million respectively thanks to careers as actors, singers, producers and investors.
|First and last name||Paul Wahlberg|
|Children||Madison Wahlberg, Ethan Wahlberg|
|Parents||Alma Wahlberg, Donald Wahlberg|
|Brothers or sisters||Mark Wahlberg, Donnie Wahlberg, Robert Wahlberg, Jim Wahlberg, Arthur Wahlberg, Tracey Wahlberg, Debbie Wahlberg, Michelle Wahlberg, Scott Wahlberg, Buddy Wahlberg, Donna Wahlberg|
|1||Son of Alma McPeck and Donald Edward Wahlberg.|
|3||Brother of Donnie Wahlberg, Robert Wahlberg and Mark Wahlberg.|
|Max Payne||2008||chef: Mark Wahlberg / trainer: Mark Wahlberg|
|The event||2008||Chef: Mr. Wahlberg|
|Wahl burgers||2014||TV serials|
|Wahl burgers||2014-2016||TV serials||Himself|
|Anderson is alive||2011||TV serials||Himself|