American actress Kelly Marie Tran is best known for her role in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’, a hit sci-fi movie (2017). With her role as Rose Tico in the film, she became the first Asian-American woman to play a major role in the Star Wars series. Although the film was popular, Tran was attacked online in 2017 by racist and sexist people.
|Celebrated name||Kelly Marie Tran|
|Birth name||Kelly Marie Tran|
|Date of birth||17-01-1989|
|Birthplace||San Diego, California, USA|
|Known from||Being an American actress.|
|Most known for||For her performance in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”.|
|High school||Westview High School|
|University||The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)|
|Source of wealth||Acting career|
|Height||5 ft 2 in or 157 cm|
|Weight||55 kg or 121 lbs|
Kelly Marie Tran Biography
Kelly Marie Tran was born on January 17, 1989 in San Diego, United States. She was given the first name Trn Loan. Her native country is the United States of America. Tran is of Asian-American descent and is the zodiac sign of Cancer. Kelly Marie Tran was born the only child of immigrant parents. Her parents were also Vietnamese refugees who became destitute after leaving the country as a result of the Vietnam War. Due to his family’s financial problems, her father grew up on the streets of Vietnam. Then they moved to the United States, where he started working at Burger King, while Kelly’s mother worked at a funeral home.
Kelly grew up in a healthy environment in San Diego, where she attended Westview High School and worked at a yogurt shop to pay for her headshots. After graduating from high school, she enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications. She started her career quickly, mostly with CollegeHumor videos and small TV appearances. She has also performed improvisation with The Second City and the Upright Citizens Brigade.
Kelly Marie Tran Height, weight
Kelly Marie Tran is a beautiful 30-year-old woman with a slim body that she takes care of. She is about 1.57 meters (1.57 feet) tall and weighs about 55 kilograms (about 119 pounds) (121 lbs). Her body is 35 centimeters long, 25 centimeters wide and 35 centimeters long. Her bra size is 34B, her dress size is 4 and her shoe size is 6.5. (U.S). Her skin is pale, her hair is black and her eyes are dark brown. She’s lost some weight. However, she hasn’t spoken much publicly about how much weight she’s lost.
- Kelly Marie Tran made her professional acting debut as Jamie in the short film ‘UNtouchable’.
- In the same year, she took part in many short films, including “The Rising Cost of Cosmetics”, “Impressions” and “Hot Girls on the Beach”.
- She has appeared in the television shows ‘This Indie Girl’, ‘Fabulous High’, ‘To the Bridge’, ‘About a Boy’, ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ and ‘CollegeHumor’.
- Tran’s breakout role as Rose Tico in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” took place in 2015. With her portrayal in The Last Jedi, Tran made history as the first Asian-American woman to star in a Star Wars film.
- She reprized her role as Rose Tico in “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” in 2019.
- She then portrayed Kaitlin Le in Radiotopia’s mystery thriller podcast ‘Passenger List’.
- As Jules Shaw, she was a regular on the Facebook Watch series ‘Sorry for Your Loss’ (2018-19).
- She provided the voice of Dawn Betterman in the 2020 animated film ‘The Croods: A New Age’ and the television short film ‘The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special’.
- She will serve as a voice actor in ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ and ‘Monsters at Work’.
Kelly Marie Tran’s Net Worth in 2022
Kelly Marie Tran acting career has provided her with a comfortable existence. Tran’s big career started in 2011 and since then she has developed into one of the most famous characters, Rose Tico from the ‘Star Wars’ trilogy. Throughout her decade-long career, Tran has appeared in several television shows, episodes, and movies. Her source is clearly her television and cinema appearances. Her estimated net worth is around $3 million.
Kelly Marie Trans Boyfriend, Dating
Kelly Marie Tran currently has no partner. She was going to date John Boyega. Tran was also the target of racist and sexist attacks online in 2017, including jokes about her race and weight. After being bullied online, she deleted all her Instagram posts and changed the bio on her account to say “Scared, but doing it anyway.”