Known from movies
|Date of birth||October 11, 1965|
Frank Fritz, also known as the ‘Bearded Charmer’, is an American antiques collector and TV personality, who rose to fame when he starred in the hit History Channel reality series ‘American Pickers’.
Early life and family
Frank Fritz was born on October 11, 1965 in Davenport, Iowa, USA, to Bill and Susan Kay. His parents separated and his mother, who worked in a construction company, remarried tire salesman Richard “Dick” Zirbes in 1974, and they lived in Bettendorf, Iowa.
He now has a sister in Ohio. His mother died on December 17, 2013 at the age of 67.
His biological father lives in Dallas, and they got closer after the TV show started.
He attended Sudlow Intermediate School in Davenport and graduated from Bettendorf High School in 1983.
Frank held a steady job as a fire and safety inspector for 25 years, covering areas from Des Moines to Cedar Falls, Iowa.
When he was a kid, he enjoyed picking up beer cans, rocks, and other trinkets for his collection, and he never outgrew this hobby. He didn’t realize he could turn his hobby of picking up something old and unusual into something profitable until he was able to sell a $15 fire station-related item for $475. In 2002, he resigned from his job and ventured into the buying and selling business, establishing his antique collection store, Frank Fritz Finds, in Savannah, Illinois.
He calls himself a modern recycler.
He traveled the country looking for vintage toys, cars, motorcycles and other items, not only to sell them in his shop, but for his own personal collection – Frank has a man cave where he keeps his favorite things.
He was cast in the reality TV series ‘American Pickers’ with Mike Wolfe who is also the creator and one of the executive producers. Frank and Mike have known each other since eighth grade and share similar interests in picking up stuff.
Mike had this concept for a show, and he filmed himself and Frank looking for antiques, buying and selling them and then posting them online; he pitched the show five years before it was picked up by the History Channel.
In “American Pickers,” the two traveled across the U.S. exploring or searching other people’s homes, garages, sheds, barns, and other places where they might find items to buy for their customers, for their collection, and for resell.
Mike has an office, Antique Archeology in Le Claire, Iowa, which is run by Danielle Colby Cushman, who is also on the show.
The first episode of the show aired on January 18, 2010 on the History Channel and was watched by 3.1 million viewers. top-rated debut for the network after “Ice Road Truckers” in 2007 with 3.4 million viewers for the premiere episode. The episode “Laurel & Hardy” in September of that year attracted 5.3 million viewers.
After ‘American Pickers’ became a hit, Frank was invited to appear on shows such as ‘Rachael Ray’ (2010), ‘American Restoration’ (2011), ‘Late Show with David Lettermen’ (2011) and ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’ . ” (2013). He also had a brief guest role in the animated sitcom ‘American Dad’ in 2016.
Frank likes to keep his personal life private, but posts on his Facebook page revealed that he is in a relationship with Diann, whom he called his other half and favorite partner. Diann has a daughter, Paige, and granddaughter, Eulalia. He posted one family photo back in December 2016.
Interesting facts and rumours
- There was some speculation about Frank’s noticeable weight loss in 2013 and he addressed the issue through his Facebook post saying he had lost weight due to Crohn’s disease and struggled to cope at times but it went good with him. The production staff knows about it and has been very supportive and helpful in providing what he needs.
- On July 30, 2017, he was arrested and charged with OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) for wrong-driving and swerving on Interstate 80; he pleaded guilty and admitted to drinking a beer and taking prescription drugs, Xanax. He received a deferred judgment and was mandated by the court to attend a substance evaluation program and follow any recommended treatment.
- A year after the show premiered, there were rumors that Frank and Mike were lovers because they seemed to drive across the country together 24/7, even when Mike talked about having a girlfriend, or that Frank is gay because he seemed very private. The rumors settled down when Frank started posting about Dianne on his Facebook page in 2014.
- Frank was sued in 2014 for $7,500 by collector and auctioneer, Jerry Bruce, for waiving a deal they made. Jerry contacted Frank and said he wanted to buy the polarimeter he had seen on the show, claiming that Frank offered to sell the item to him for $300 plus shipping and he agreed, but he said that Frank would have the check never cashed and never received the check. item. Fritz was given a notice of default by the judge for failing to appear or respond to pleadings. Jerry was awarded $1,000 and $80 for court costs.
- When he was a teenager, Frank worked at Coast to Coast Hardware and Quad-City Automatic Sprinkler, and saved up to buy a $4,100 Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
- Frank has been riding motorcycles for more than four decades and was president of ABATE (A Brotherhood Aimed Towards Education) in Iowa for nine years. He was one of the 2019 inductees into the Sturgis Museum Hall of Fame.
He is 1.67 m tall and weighs 71 kg. Although he has lost a lot of weight, he is still a bit on the heavy side. He wears full sleeve tattoos on both his arms.
Frank’s assets according to sources is valued at over $4 million as of June 2020.
|First and last name||Frank Fritz|
|Date of birth||October 11, 1965|
|Profession||TV personality, entrepreneur|
|Awards||Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments or Promotional Pieces, Film/Video – Information|
|TV shows||American Pickers|
|American father!||2017||TV serials|
|American pickers: the best of it||2017||TV serials||Himself|
|American Pickers||2010-2017||Documentary about the TV series||Himself|
|Sidewalk entertainment||2014||TV serials||Guest / Himself|
|Who wants to be a millionaire||2013||TV serials||Herself – Celebrity Contestant|
|Pawn Stars||2012||TV serials||Himself|
|Late Show with David Letterman||2011||TV serials||Himself|
|American Restoration||2011||TV serials||Himself|
|Cincy Entertainment||2011||TV serials||Himself – American Pickers|