The creator of the hit series, Fullmetal Alchemist, is bringing fans an original art poster for the upcoming live-action sequel.
The Fullmetal Alchemist Creator, Hiromu Arakawashares this original art ahead of the premiere of the upcoming live-action movies.
The Avenging Scar is a sequel film that will continue the journey of the Elric brothers. The brothers are still in the path of an extraordinarily complicated villain who attacks countless men in the army.
This original art by the notable manga creator was published by Warner Bros. Japan for the franchise’s second live-action film, The Vengeance of Scar, in which the villain Scar stands above seemingly defeated brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric.
Fullmetal Alchemist raised eyebrows when it was revealed that the first live-action film is not just getting a sequel, but two.
The Avenging Scar and The Final Transmutation will be released this summer.
With the manga series developed by Hiromu Arakawa coming to an end years ago, these planned live-action films aim to portray the entire story of the Elric Brothers.
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Avenging Scar Movie Cast, Crew, and More
The first live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie was released in 2017.
Like the first live-action film, the sequels set in 2022 are written by Fumihiko Sori and Takeshi Miyamoto and also directed by Fumihiko Sori.
The cast consists of:
- Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric
- Atomu Mizuishi as Alphonse Elric
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Hiroshi Tachi as King Bradley
- Keisuke Watanabe as Ling Yao
- Yuki Yamada as Solf J. Kimblee
- Seiyo Uchino as Van Hohenheim
- Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang
- Koji Yamamoto as Alex Louis Armstrong
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Olivier Mira Armstrong
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Ryuta Sato as Maes Hughes
- Yuina Kuroshima as Lan Fano
- Yukie Nakama as Trisha Elric
- Jun Fubuki as Pinako Rockbell
- Haruhi Ryоga as Izumi Curtis
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Naohito Fujiki as Yuriy Rockbell
- Kaoru Okunuki as Sarah Rockbell
- Kokoro Terada as Selim Bradley
- Long Meng Rou as May Chang
Fullmetal Alchemist anime and manga
Creator Arakawa’s popular manga series ran from 2001 to 2010 and contained 27 volumes. The series was translated, adapted and published in print by Viz Media and published digitally by Yen Press.
The manga also has two anime adaptations. The first aired from 2002 to 2003. It contains 51 episodes and is loosely based on the original manga as the ending was anime original.
The second anime, the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which aired in April 2009, is much more faithful to the manga. The last episode aired in July 2010.
Both anime adaptations were produced by Bones Studio. The first was directed by Seiji Mizushima, while the second was directed by Yasuhiro Irie.
The first live-action adaptation was released on the Netflix streaming platform in 2017. Although there are currently no release dates for an international audience.
The two sequels of the live-action film will hit Japanese cinemas in the summer of 2022.
The Vengeance of Scar will premiere in Japan on May 20 and The Final Transmutation on June 24.
What do you think of Arakawa’s latest Fullmetal Alchemist artwork? What other anime properties would you like to see adapted for live-action? Let us know in the comments.