Canberra Innovation Network (CBRIN) will hold its third annual Investor Showcase on March 21, 2023 at the CBRIN Building in Canberra.
It will feature some of the most promising local and regional startups seeking seed and Series A funding, including several with patents/deep technology benefits.
The showcase is for venture investors to meet and invest in innovative companies in their area.
Following are some of the pitches featured this year:
- AgScent: A regional NSW agritech company that has developed non-invasive and cost-effective breath diagnostic devices to improve productivity, health and welfare of livestock and workers.
- Aura box: a cloud-based medical imaging storage and display platform that allows clinicians to access imaging from multiple providers in one place.
- Dentroid: Development of the first laser-guided dental robotic device in the mouth – uses lasers to induce anesthesia, replacing needles for skin and dental procedures.
- FuturifAI: Provides a no-code web platform to simplify space missions by enabling satellite operators to perform more complex missions
- Miiroko: A hair care company that offers an alternative to harsh chemicals and single-use plastics of the products sold in supermarkets.
- PPB technology: An early-stage startup revolutionizing food safety and quality testing. PPB Tech’s “Cybertongue” solution provides lab-quality results on the spot for food processing customers in minutes.
All presenting teams have investor traction, some with defensible technology.
CBRIN partners with over 500 local startups each year. They offer workshop programs, one-on-one coaching, mentor connections, the Griffin Accelerator and more to empower entrepreneurs.
After the first Investor Showcase in 2021, participating companies raised more than $20 million within three months.
This year’s showcase is expected to get even better, featuring 15 emerging startups.
Last year, there were 20 out-of-town venture capital funds, raising more than $2 billion in investment capital.
Participants can also network with angel and venture investors during a working lunch.
Venture funds will also gain exposure to the wider entrepreneurial community in Canberra.
Investors can express their interest in participating by sending an email [email protected].