Eddie Cahill is an American actor, who is perhaps best known for his portrayal of the character Tag Jones on the hit TV series ‘Friends’.
Early life and childhood
Edmund Patrick Cahill was born on January 15, 1978 in New York City, USA. There is no information about his parents’ names, but it is understood that he is of Irish descent on his father’s side, and of Italian descent through his mother. He grew up with an older and a younger sister, whose names are not known.
Eddie attended Byram Hills High School in Armonk, New York, graduating in 1996 – while in high school played hockey. He then enrolled Skidmore College based in Saratoga Springs, New York, and the Atlantic Theater Acting School which is part of the New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
He first appeared in “Gramercy Park is Closed to the Public” in 1999, then as Lance in an off-Broadway production of “The Altruists” in 2000.
That same year, he made his first TV appearance as Sean in “Sex and the City”, and later that year got his first big break as Tag Jones in “Friends”. friend. This is his biggest role to date and the one for which he is most recognized.
At the same time, he guest starred in “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”, “Charmed” and “Felicity”. In 2004, he played his childhood hero Jim Craig in the hockey movie “Miracle”.
He was also chosen to play the role of cocky detective Don Flack in the series “CSI: NY” – the show ran for a total of nine seasons until 2013 and featured Eddie in all 197 episodes.
He played the character of Sam Verdreaux in 2014 in the TV series “Under the Dome”, which ran for twenty-six episodes. He also appeared as Conner Wallace in all thirteen episodes of the legal drama “Conviction”, but the show was canceled after one season.
In 2019, he played criminal Eddie Barrett in “NCIS: New Orleans”.
Eddie is married to his Nikki Cahill. They dated for many years before deciding to tie the knot in 2009, at their home in Silverlake. The groom wore a lightweight suit to the wedding and the bride wore a simple beige dress. The reception was held at Zucca Ristorante in downtown LA and was attended by their friends and family for dinner. Nikki is a makeup artist who was also a former model. The couple gave birth to a son, Henry Uberti, in 2009.
On November 24, 2014, Nikki shared a photo of their son playing in the backyard with her Instagram with the caption ‘Today five years ago this man came into my life❤’. Before she married Eddie, Nikki was married to Terry Richardson who is a fashion photographer, and has made campaigns for Aldo, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford and Yves Saint Laurent, among others. They were married for three years from 1996 to 1999.
Eddie holds an American nationality and is of mixed ethnicity. His hair color is light brown and his eyes are blue. His height is 6 ft 2 ins (1.88 m), but his weight and other vital statistics are unknown.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- Eddie has a tattoo on his right shoulder, which bears his wife’s name in a heart with a swallow on it and an arrow through it.
- He is a huge hockey fan of the New York Rangers and was also a writer for the NHL Celeb Blog for three seasons.
- According to Glamorused his last $230 to fly from New York to Los Angeles to pay an agent who managed to get him an audition for the role of Tag Jones in “Friends.”
- When the audition was over, “Friends” star Courtney Cox offered him a ride, but he declined because he was too scared, even though he really needed the ride.
- His role as Tag Jones in ‘Friends’ was a highly requested role, and after a series of auditions it was Eddie and renowned actor Tom Welling’s turn. Tom had already gained fame playing Clark Kent in “Smallville”.
- Eddie borrowed someone’s phone to let his parents know he got the part in Friends.
- He was first discovered by Sarah Jessica Parker who noticed him and gave him his first chance in “Sex and the City”.
- He had to have a body double for the movie “Miracle” because although he played hockey as a kid, he had never played in the goalie position.
Eddie has contributed to several charities that work with children since his son was born. However, the exact charities to which he contributes are not known.
Eddie has accounts on popular media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram. He has over 23,000 followers on Instagram where he shares candid photos of himself and also shares his love for dogs.
According to celebrity net worth, Eddie’s net worth is estimated to be over $4 million accumulated through his years of acting. He annual income is reportedly close to $500,000.